CEO - COO - Serial Entrepreneur -
Health Care Policy Analyst - Public Policy Pundit
Speaker - Columnist - Radio Personality
CEO - COO
- Quality of Life Medical- As the practice administrator 2008 Joe grew the independent medical practice from 5 providers to 11 with three locations in Southern Arizona. Joe implemented all financial procedures, EMR conversion, IT oversight, HR policies, billing and coding department overhaul and marketing efforts.
Today QLMC.com is the largest independent medical practice in Tucson. Our practioners carry half the patient load of our peer practice because of a number of alternative revenue models that Joe added to the practice.
- Quality of Life Medical & Research - In his role as COO, Joe implemented a comprehensive training and quality improvement program. Joe has been responsible for hiring and training a staff that includes a recruitment department, regulatory, clinical research coordinators and two Certified Principal investigators. The CMO/CEO Dr. Jack McGettigan founded the company in 2001 and together the practice as grown to become one of the largest research facilities in the Southwest. QLM&RC has conducted over 160 clinical trials for all the major pharmaceutical companies.
- QMed Weight Loss Clinic- QMed was created by Joe to add into a medical practice to address the obesity epidemic affecting millions of patients in the US. QMed addresses the medical and psychological issues contributing to obesity. QMed addresses hormonal issues and provides patients with food products and support to help them successfully loose and maintain a healthy body image.
- Quality Aesthetics - QA is a full service medical aesthetics practice that compliments the medical QLMC medical clinic. QA providers laser services including hair removal, skin tightening, laser peels and varicose vein removal. QA also has a full service injectable department including Botox, Restylane and Sclero Therapy.
- Tiburon Diagnostic Lab - Joe took over as the acting CEO of a high complexity medical labatory servicing the skilled care industry in Southern Arizona. Tiburon ran a staff of 35 people with a 24/7 schedule. Tiburon was full service with Microbiology, Hematology and Chemistry departments.
Start Up, Multi Location - Multi State Operations.
Joe has started and grown over 14 businesses over the past 25 years in various fields and industries. He brings to the medical field experience in financial analysis, HR, marketing and sales and real estate experience. Joe was the founder and CEO of the following entities;
Gotta Go Wireless - Started in 1998 - 12 locations in two states - Gotta Go Wireless grew from a direct sales operation to a 12 store retail chain.
Sports Buzz Haircuts - Started in 2003 - 9 Tucson locations - Sports Buzz brings a new twist to the franchise hair care industry. Competitors like Supercuts, Great Clips and Cost Cutters offer a bland experience with very little differentiation. Sports Buzz brings entertaining sports based salons targeting men and kids.
Talking Trash Waste Removal - Purchased in 2005 - 12 trash trucks servicing commercial and residential clients all over southern Arizona.
Silverbell Partners Real Estate Development - Formed in 2005 to develop a retail center located on Tucson's west side.
Big Time Advertising - Purchased in 2003 offering outdoor advertising opportunities to Tucson small businesses.
AbTech Industries - HydroTech Agriculture - Founded in 1995 with two other partners, AbTech continues today in the oil recover business.
Candidate - Radio Host - Columnist
Joe ran for pubic office in 2008 for a County wide seat. In 2009 Joe became the co-host of the highly rated morning drive time radio show, WakeUpTucson. For three years, Joe was a columnist in Inside Tucson Business with a bi-weekly column relating to local small business, economic and political issue.
Joe served as the Chairman of the Arizona Small Business Association which is Arizona's largest trade association with over 11,000 members state wide. He launched the 40 year old organization into the public policy arena with the help of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce.
Joe was appointed by Governor Brewer to a health care oversight commission that managed the merger of The University of Arizona Hospital with UPH Partners and Kino County Hospital.
Joe speaks at business and civic organizations around Arizona on topics including health care, policy and small business.
Joe helped draft and push through a series of bills through the Arizona Legislature that would increase price transparency within the medical industry. Even with opposition from the insurance and hospital industry the Price Transparency Bill, SB1387 was championed by Senator Nancy Barto and signed into law by Governor Jan Brewer in 2012. See the Forbes article on the Barto bill and transparency.
In 2014 the Arizona Legislature passed a law which Joe had started crafting 3 years ago. SB1404 allows Direct Contracting between an employer or individual and a medical provider. Arizona took a bold, free market step to put doctors and patients in greater control of their health care choices.
HELPING MEDICAL PRACTICES SURVIVE & THRIVE